Smooth and creamy no churn vanilla ice cream with strawberry jam + toasted peanuts is easy to make, no ice cream maker required and better than storebought.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, crushed + more for serving
- In a large bowl, add heavy cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 7-8 minutes until stiff peaks form. (Note that for the first several minutes, the cream will be very frothy and bubbly. It will later turn into soft peaks and then stiff peaks).
- Pour the mixture into a medium loaf pan or freezer-safe bowl. Dollop the strawberry jam on the ice cream and swirl it with a butter knife. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top (optional).
- Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap to prevent ice crystals from forming on the top of the ice cream. Place it in the freezer for 6 hours or more. If you like softer texture, freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Scoop out the ice cream and serve with an extra drizzle of strawberry jam on top and crushed peanuts.
How to make no churn ice cream in 10 minutes (shaking method): In a medium-sized ziploc bag, add heavy cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Push the air out and seal the bag. In a larger Ziploc bag, add 2 cups ice and 1/2 cup salt. Place the smaller bag containing the ice cream mixture inside the bigger Ziploc bag and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the ice cream hardens. The ice cream will be softer but you can serve immediately.
Soft peaks vs. stiff peaks: When making ice cream with a mixer (as opposed to an ice cream maker), you will need to whip the heavy cream to firm peaks. It’s important to identify the different stages of whipped cream from soft peaks to firm peaks.
- Soft peaks barely hold their shape. The peaks will sink down immediately when you lift up the beaters.
- Medium peaks can hold their shape pretty well, but the tip of the peak curls over when the beaters are lifted.
- Stiff or firm peaks stand straight up when the beaters are lifted.
How to soften ice cream that is too hard. This is common if the ice cream is frozen for around 2 days. To make it scoopable, simply place it on the kitchen counter for 5-10 minutes before scooping.
How to store. No churn ice cream keeps for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. If it gets very hard, leave it out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before scooping and serving.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no churn vanilla ice cream, no churn ice cream, vanilla ice cream, vanilla ice cream with strawberry jam, vanilla and strawberry ice cream