Mushroom and spinach flatbread is heaven on a place. It is ready in under 30 minutes, making it a life-saver game day meal or weeknight dinner!
- 1 large herbed flatbread, approximately 12-14 inches round
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. taleggio or fontina cheese (or other melty cheese), preferably with truffles
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place uncooked flatbread on a rimmed baking sheet, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. (If using a flatbread with no herbs on top, you can sprinkle 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning on top at this point).
- Scatter taleggio or fontina (or other cheese) evenly on top, then add baby spinach. Top with shredded mozzarella and shiitake mushrooms. Drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until flatbread is crispy on the bottom and cheese has melted and browned a little on top. Let cool about 5 minutes before slicing. Serve topped with fresh thyme.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-14 minutes