Mini Pancakes (or Silver Dollar Pancakes) are the fluffy, fun-sized version of classic pancakes that we all know and love. Made in just minutes using a handful of everyday ingredients and served warm with a smattering of fresh fruit and a generous drizzle of maple syrup, they’re a breakfast favorite for adults and kids alike!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted + more for griddle
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
For serving (optional):
- maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add in together milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg. Whisk together to combine, until just combined (It will still be lumpy, but do not overmix). If the batter is too thick, add in 1 tablespoon more milk, as needed.
- Coat a large frying pan or griddle with butter. Heat pan over medium heat and add pancake batter using a small cookie scoop or 1 tablespoon of batter. Add as many as fit in your pan or griddle.
- Cook the pancakes on both sides until small bubbles have begun to form on the surface and edges and the pancake is golden brown, about 45 seconds. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 45 seconds until the other side is also golden brown.
- Repeat until batter is used up. You may need to coat your pan with more butter as you keep cooking new batches.
- Serve on a plate with pats or butter, berries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
How to store: Transfer cooled mini pancakes into an airtight container or ziploc bag and refrigerate for up to one week.
How to reheat: Reheat in the microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or on the stovetop over medium low heat until heated through.
How to freeze: Freeze mini pancakes by transferring them to a freezer bag or airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper. Freeze these pancakes for up to 2 months. You can reheat single pancakes directly from frozen in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or in the oven at 325℉ for 4-7 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini pancakes, silver dollar pancakes, small pancakes, kids pancakes,