Quick and easy Starbucks inspired mini glazed pumpkin scones are the perfect little fall treat packed with pumpkin flavour and topped with two sweet glazes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream, fat-free
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream, fat-free
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, fat-free
Make the Pumpkin Scones:
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, pumpkin spice blend, baking soda, and salt. Work the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter (or your hands) just until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is the size of small peas.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, half-and-half, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Pour pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms. Knead dough in the bowl until smooth for about 1 minute. If the dough sticks, add a little flour to your hands.
- Flour a work surface generously, then roll the dough into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle, about ¾-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 16 even squares. To do this, cut the rectangle in half horizontally, then cut each half again horizontally, creating 4 equal rectangles. Do the same in the other direction, vertically. You should have 16 roughly two-inch squares.
- Cut each square in half diagonally to create mini triangle-shaped scones.
- Place the scones onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Make the First Glaze:
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and half-and-half in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over slightly cooled scones. Allow to set at least 10 minutes, until icing hardens.
Make the Spiced Glaze Drizzle:
- Combine confectioners’ sugar, pumpkin spice blend, and half-and-half and whisk until smooth. Drizzle spiced glaze in a zig-zag pattern on top over the plain glaze. Allow to set at least 5 minutes before serving.
How to store: Store leftover scones in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
How to freeze: Let the scones cool completely, then freeze in single layers between sheets of parchment paper for up to 3 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator or on the kitchen counter.
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini glazed pumpkin scones, pumpkin spice scones, pumpkin scones, starbucks pumpkin scones, starbucks scones