Mexican street corn salad adds a twist to a classic street food, loaded with freshly grilled corn, a creamy cheesy dressing, and authentic flavor.
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (or cotija cheese), grated
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lime wedges (for serving)
- Preheat the grill to high (or to 400 F). Place the corn on the grill and grill for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely charred and cooked through. (You can also roast the corn in the oven at 400 F for 25 minutes or cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. However, grilling yields a sweeter and creamier taste). Set aside on a plate and allow the corn to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the corn off the cob and transfer the corn kernels to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir everything together until well combined. Adjust lime juice, salt, and pepper as necessary, to taste.
- Garnish with lime wedges, and serve.
airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.Mexican street corn salad is best served fresh. You can store leftovers in an
How to serve: Serve this salad alongside all my popular Mexican Recipes for a fiesta at home.
How to make an elote salad bar: One of my favorite ways to serve this is by setting up an elote salad bar. Prepare the dressing (with crema, mayo, lime juice and zest, garlic, and seasonings) and set aside in one bowl. In another, mix the cilantro, green onions, avocado, and jalapeño. Finally, keep the grilled corn in a separate bowl. Now, everyone can make their own Mexican street corn salads how they like it!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican street corn salad, elote salad, grilled corn salad, mexican corn salad, salad with grilled corn