This Mexican Caesar Salad is loaded with Mexican ingredients. It's fresh, light, delicious, flavorful — and might even taste better than the original!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup corn, cooked and drained
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 medium avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1-2 cups tortilla strips (or crumbled tortilla chips)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup cojita cheese, crumbled
- lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend (optional)
- In a large serving bowl, add romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, avocado, tortilla strips, cilantro, and cojita cheese.
- Pour Caesar dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Optionally, you can mix in 1/4 teaspoon of a Mexican seasoning blend into the Caesar salad dressing before pouring it in the salad.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste, if needed, and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Make ahead instructions: To make ahead, store the salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. The caesar salad and dressing will each last up to 1 week. Then, toss and combine just before serving or packing for lunch. This will keep your Mexican caesar salad looking and tasting fresh.
How to store: If you have any leftovers, store this Mexican salad in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Store it in an airtight container or in a bowl wrapped tightly with plastic cling wrap. Note that the tortilla chips will get soggier the longer it is stored, and the more the romaine lettuce will become wilted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican caesar salad, caesar salad, mexican salad, mexican style caesar salad