Mediterranean baked shrimp orzo is a complete wholesome one pot meal with delicious sautéed vegetables, juicy shrimp, and orzo pasta. Make it in 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. large shrimp (about 16 pieces), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (and more for serving)
- lemon wedges, sliced (optional, for serving)
- fresh basil, chopped (optional, for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat oil in a large 12-inch cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and sauté until tender and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Turn the heat down to medium and stir well to mix. Bring the mixture to a simmer, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in orzo and season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Arrange shrimp evenly over orzo and sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the shrimp turn opaque. Orzo should double in size when it is cooked. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with lemon juice, fresh basil, and additional feta, if desired, and serve.
airtight container. The sooner you eat it, the better!Mediterranean baked shrimp orzo is best eaten hot and fresh, but you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days in an
How to reheat: I recommend reheating this in the oven at 300 F for about 10 minutes until warmed through, or on the stovetop over medium-low heat until warmed through. I don't recommend reheating shrimp in the microwaves, as it can make them tough and rubbery.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: mediterranean baked shrimp orzo, mediterranean shrimp orzo, baked shrimp orzo, shrimp orzo in tomato sauce, mediterranean orzo bake