Iced Matcha Milk Tea with boba tapioca pearls is rich, refreshing, and delicious. Made with 3 ingredients, matcha bubble tea is easy to make at home.
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cooked tapioca boba pearls
- 2 cups milk
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
- honey or maple syrup (optional)
- In a small bowl or tea pot, add matcha green tea powder and pour 1/4 cup freshly boiled water over top. Stir well until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. Set it aside to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. You can also chill it longer in the refrigerator if you want.
- Divide the cooked tapioca pearls between 2 tall glasses. Then, pour in half the milk into each glass and half the matcha tea. Stir together, add ice cubes, and serve with wide straws.
- You can also add in extra sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup if needed.
How to store matcha milk tea: Matcha milk tea is best enjoyed fresh, but it will last in the fridge for about 4 hours if it's already mixed with the tapioca pearls. You can enjoy it after a day but the boba pearls will lose its texture and get hard. In this case, you can remove the boba with a slotted spoon and enjoy the rest of the drink. Otherwise, it can last for 1-2 days in the fridge if not mixed with the pearls.
How to store cooked tapioca pearls. If you have extra boba pearls, store them in an airtight container at room temperature, and cover and fully coat them in the brown sugar syrup to prevent them from sticking together. You need to consume them within 4 hours or they will start to get mushy. You can also store them in the fridge for a couple of hours, but if you store them too long in there, they will start to harden.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: matcha milk tea, matcha bubble tea, matcha milk tea with pearls, matcha boba milk tea, matcha boba, matcha cold brew