Quick and easy mascarpone pesto pasta is the tastiest creamy pasta dish you’ll ever make in under 15 minutes. It's the best weeknight dinner.
- 500 g (1 lb.) spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package instructions or until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Do not overcook the pasta. Turn off the heat and reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander and let it cool for 1 minute.
- Transfer pasta into a large mixing bowl and add pesto, mascarpone cheese, lemon juice and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water (add up to 1/2 cup more if desired). Stir in cherry tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Top with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, some dollops of pesto, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.While the best practice for storing pasta is to keep it separate from the sauce, this mascarpone pesto pasta can be stored (sauce and all) in an
How to reheat: Heat in a skillet or shallow saucepan over low heat. You may need to add a splash of water if the sauce has thickened to much when stored in the refrigerator. You can also reheat in the microwave covered in a microwave-safe container in 20-second intervals until hot all the way through, mixing often to distribute the heat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mascarpone pesto pasta, pesto pasta with mascarpone cheese, pesto pasta with mascarpone, mascarpone pasta, creamy pesto pasta