Lemon parmesan asparagus is a delicious way to serve a classic spring vegetable. This side dish is quick and easy to make in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 pound medium asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place asparagus on a large half sheet baking pan and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle minced garlic on top and drizzle with olive oil. Toss well to coat evenly.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until tender yet crisp. Note that if you are using thinner asparagus, you will have to adjust the cook time by about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Serve immediately.
How to store: Allow leftover lemon parmesan asparagus to cool to room temperature before storing it in the fridge inside an airtight container. Eat within 3-5 days.
How to reheat: Reheat roasted asparagus the same way you baked it — in a preheated 400F oven. It only needs about 4-5 minutes to heat completely. Serve immediately. The Parmesan will melt when reheating, so feel free to add extra freshly grated Parmesan on top.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon parmesan asparagus, roasted asparagus, parmesan asparagus, lemon asparagus, asparagus