Kani Salad is loaded with thin strips of crab, julienned vegetables, and a creamy mayo dressing (which can be made spicy for a Spicy Kani Salad).
- 10 imitation crab sticks (about 8 ounces), shredded into thin strips
- 3 small Persian cucumbers, shredded or julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, thawed from frozen
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or hot sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the salad ingredients by shredding the crab sticks using a box grater. Use a knife to julienne the cucumbers and carrots into thin strips, or use a grater to shred then. Transfer to a serving bowl and add the corn.
- In a medium mixing bowl, make the dressing by stirring together mayonnaise, lemon juice, sesame oil, hot sauce, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
- How to store: Keep leftover kani salad in the fridge inside an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can enjoy your kani salad as soon as you make it or store it until you’re ready to eat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: kani salad, spicy kani salad, japanese kani salad, japanese salad, imitation crab salad,