Jamaican jerk chicken wings with delicious crispy skin and tender and juicy meat are loaded with flavor. They're easy to make on the oven, grill, air fryer.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground all-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for a spicy kick)
- 1 lb. chicken wings (about 12 pieces)
- In a blender, add onion, garlic, jalapeño, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, salt, all-spice, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne (if using). Puree on high until smooth, about a minute.
- Transfer chicken wings and the marinade into a large zip-loc bag. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the chicken to coat. Place the bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour (up to overnight) to soak up the flavor. You can also marinate the wings in a large bowl, covered.
- Cook the chicken wings in the oven, air fryer, or grill.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 400F. Place the marinated wings on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan, evenly spaced apart. Bake for 25 minutes, turning the wings over halfway through baking. You can turn on the broil function on at the end and broil for 1-2 minutes to achieve more crispy and browned skin.
- To air fry: Place the marinated wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 375 F for 22-25 minutes until nicely charred (not burnt). Open and shake the basket halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- To grill: Preheat the grill to 350 F over medium heat. Place the chicken wings on the grill and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely charred and the internal temperature for the chicken reaches 165 F as read on a meat thermometer. Flip occasionally to avoid overcooking.
- Let the wings rest for 5 minutes. Serve with lime mayo and garnish with green onions. To make the lime mayo dipping sauce, stir well to combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 3 tablespoons mayonnaise until smooth.
airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Letting the wings cool will ensure that condensation doesn’t build and your wings stay crispy.: If there are any leftover jerk chicken wings, let them cool completely to room temperature, then store in an
How to reheat chicken wings: Reheat wings in a 350F preheated oven or air fryer for 10-15 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat them in the microwave, but they won't be as crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Jamaican
Keywords: jerk chicken wings, how to make jerk chicken wings, jerk chicken recipe, chicken wings with jerk chicken marinade, jamaican jerk chicken