Instant pot cranberry chicken is sweet, tart, savory, and delicious. Make this chicken dinner in the pressure cooker in just 30 minutes. So quick and easy!
- 5 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 + 1/2 cups cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken breasts completely dry. Season and rub in salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder evenly. Set aside on a plate for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn on the Sauté function on high on the Instant Pot. Heat oil until it starts to sizzle, about 1 minute. Place chicken breasts on a single layer in the pot and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the breasts are no longer pink. Note that the chicken breasts don’t need to be fully cooked at this point.
- Add onions and sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Stir in cranberry sauce, ketchup, and balsamic vinegar until evenly mixed.
- Switch to pressure cooking mode on manual pressure and seal the lid (the steam release knob must be turned to the sealed position). Set the chicken breasts to pressure cook for 10 minutes. Once the time is up, you can let the instant pot slowly release the pressure, about 15 minutes or quick release the remaining pressure by turning the steam release valve to the venting position.
- Serve immediately with potatoes or rice.
How to reheat: There are a few ways that you can reheat any leftover Reheat leftover cranberry sauce chicken. I recommend wrapping it tightly in aluminum foil, with enough room for air to flow around the chicken in the foil. Then, place chicken in a 350F preheated oven for 10-20 minutes, until warmed through. For faster reheating, pre-cut chicken. You can also reheat it over the stove on medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Wait Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot cranberry chicken, cranberry sauce chicken, pressure cooker cranberry chicken, cranberry chicken in the instant pot,