Honey mustard chicken wings are crispy on the outside but juicy and tender inside. Baked in an air fryer or oven, they have the best texture and flavor.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (or wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. medium chicken wings (10 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped (for garnish)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well with a spoon until smooth.
- In a large Ziploc bag, add chicken wings and honey mustard marinade. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the wings to coat. Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight. You can also marinate the wings in a large bowl, covered.
- Cook the chicken wings in the air fryer or bake them in the oven.
- To air fry: Place the marinated wings in the air fryer basket and cook at 375 F for 22-25 minutes until nicely charred (not burnt). Open and shake the basket halfway through to make sure they cook evenly.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 400F. Place the marinated wings on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan, evenly spaced apart. Bake for 25 minutes. You can turn on the broil function on at the end and broil for 1-2 minutes to achieve more crispy and browned skin.
- Let the wings rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with green onions, and serve with extra honey mustard sauce if desired.
airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Letting the wings cool will ensure that condensation doesn’t build and your wings stay crispy.: If you don’t finish all of your honey mustard chicken wings, let them cool completely to room temperature, then store in an
How to reheat chicken wings: Reheat wings in a 350F preheated oven or air fryer for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey mustard chicken wings, chicken wings with honey mustard marinade, air fryer honey mustard chicken wings, baked honey mustard chicken wings