Craving authentic Chinese street food? You can now make juicy, grilled spicy cumin lamb skewers at home in your own backyard!
- 1 pound lamb meat, cut into half inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing wine)
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cumin powder
- red pepper powder (optional for spicy)
- cumin seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine lamb, garlic, oil, soy sauce, cooking wine, cumin powder, red pepper powder, and salt and toss to combine.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place refridgerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread lamb closely onto skewers and sprinkle with cumin powder, red pepper powder, and whole cumin seeds on all sides.
- Grill skewers, flipping frequently until meat is fully cooked (when surfaces start to char and turn brown).
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Chinese