Baked green bean fries are flavorful, crispy, and nutritious. These veggies are quick and easy to make as a healthy appetizer, snack, or side dish.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans (about 40 beans), washed and trimmed
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a large half sheet baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the flour and beaten eggs in separate mixing bowls. In a shallow dish, combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the green beans in the flour to lightly coat them. Shake off any excess flour.
- Dip the coated green beans into the egg, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Toss into the panko mixture, pressing firmly so that the crumbs stick on.
- Transfer the breaded green beans to the prepared baking pan in a single layer. Spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden-brown and crispy.
How to store: Make sure the green bean fries cool completely before placing them in an airtight container lined with paper towels. If the lid fogs up, then your green beans fries are not cooled enough. They will keep for up to four days when stored in the fridge.
How to reheat: The best way to reheat green bean fries is in an oven, toaster oven, or air fryer. Preheat the oven to 400F and ensure that the beans have plenty of space around them. Heat for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Green bean fries, green beans, veggie fries