No bake gingerbread truffles with white chocolate are easy to make with just 3 simple ingredients including leftover gingersnaps. Perfect for the holidays.
- 4 cups gingersnap cookies (about 275 grams)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
For the chocolate coating:
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 gingersnap cookie, crushed
- Add gingersnap cookies to a food processor and mix on low until crumbled. You can also transfer cookies to a large ziploc bag, seal the bag, and roll a rolling pin on top to crush into crumbs.
- Add cream cheese and and mix on low until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to take a tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to roll into balls. Place on a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl. You can melt it by placing the bowl on a steamer basket, over a small pot of boiling water, or melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Dip each chilled ball into the melted white chocolate to fully coat and scoop it out with a fork allowing any excess chocolate to drip back in the bowl. Place back on the lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle some crushed gingersnaps on top.
- Place the coated truffles back into the fridge to allow the chocolate to set, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
How to store: Store gingerbread truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
How to freeze: Once the chocolate has set, freeze gingersnap truffles in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Allow the gingersnap truffles to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for an hour or so at room temperature before serving.
Got more gingersnaps? If you have extra gingersnaps that you can’t finish, use them as cheesecake crust. You can use it any recipe that calls for graham crackers and crush up gingersnaps instead. See our Cranberry Sauce Swirl Cheesecake.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread truffles, gingerbread white chocolate truffles, gingersnap truffles, gingersnap cookie balls, gingerbread cookie balls