Sheet pan garlic mushroom focaccia pizza with a thick pillowy and crispy crust is topped with sautéed garlic mushrooms, melty mozzarella and lots of basil.
- 3 grams instant yeast or active dry yeast (1 teaspoon)
- 200 grams water (3/4 cup)
- 300 grams all-purpose flour (2 + 1/2 cups)
- 6 grams salt (1 teaspoon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup sautéed garlic mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (about 15 leaves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prepare the Pizza Dough (first rise):
- In small cup, dissolve instant yeast in water and stir to mix together (the mixture should start to bubble and develop a yeasty aroma).
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and salt. Pour in yeast mixture and mix with a silicone spatula until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl (there should be no dry flour particles visible).
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes until it turns into a smooth dough ball. Add and spread one tablespoon oil over the dough ball to coat. This helps prevent the dough from drying out.
- Cover the bowl with plastic cling wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 2 hours (or in the refrigerator overnight) until the dough at least doubles in size. The gluten in dough will completely loosen over a long period of fermentation, which makes the dough stretch out easily.
Shape the Pizza Dough (second rise):
- Spread 2 tablespoons olive oil evenly on a quarter sheet baking pan. Transfer the dough into the sheet pan and gently spread it out to all corners. The oil not only makes the dough spread easily and prevents it from sticking to the pan but it also creates a brown crispy crust when baked.
- Cover the sheet pan with plastic cling wrap and let the dough rise for 1 hour until the pizza dough almost rises to the rim of the sheet pan, about 1-inch thick. If the dough springs back from the edges, allow the gluten in dough relax for a few minutes and stretch it out.
Assemble and Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- When the dough is ready, evenly spread mozzarella cheese, garlic mushrooms, tomato sauce, basil and olive oil on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
How to store: Once cooled, stack up some of the pizza slices and wrap together in plastic cling wrap or store in a ziploc bag or airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat in the oven or in the air fryer at 350 F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+3 hours rise time)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic mushroom focaccia pizza, focaccia pizza with garlic mushrooms, vegetarian focaccia pizza, sheet pan pizza