Garlic Butter Steak Bites are tender, juicy, and flavorful. This quick and easy appetizer or weeknight dinner takes just 15 minutes to make in one skillet.
- 1 1/4 pound sirloin steak, ribeye or strip steaks, cut into 1-inch bite size cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Use a paper towel to pat the steak bites completely dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles, about 1 minute. Add the steak bites in a single layer in the skillet and sear until browned, about 2 minutes. Flip them over and cook on the other side for 2 minutes until golden brown. Do not stir while searing the meat.
- Add butter and melt until it starts to bubble. Stir well to coat the steak bites evenly.
- Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
How to store: Keep leftover steak bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
How to reheat steak bites: The best way to reheat steak bites is in the oven at 350F. To keep them tender and juicy, wrap them in aluminum foil with a splash of liquid and bake for 10-20 minutes until warmed through. You could also reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter steak bites, steak bites, steak bites with garlic butter