Tender, flaky, flavorful garlic butter salmon is well-seasoned, seared to perfection, and basted until juicy. Quick and easy to make in 20 minutes.
- 5 pieces skin-on salmon fillets, about 2-inches wide
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pat dry the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. It’s ideal to bring the salmon fillets from the refrigerator to room temperature to achieve even cooking.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until sizzling hot, about 1 minute. Sear the salmon fillets for 5-6 minutes on each side (skin side down first) until golden brown and fully cooked. When salmon is cooked, the flesh will turn opaque, and it will flake easily when using a fork.
- Add butter and melt until it starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Add garlic and lemon juice and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Baste the salmon fillet by drizzling the garlic butter mixture constantly over the salmon using a spoon, about 1 minute. You can tilt the pan and scoop the mixture with a spoon to drizzle over the salmon easily.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Drizzle with more lemon juice if desired.
How to get crispy skin: If you are a fan of salmon skin and want it extra crispy, the secret is to thoroughly pat the salmon dry before searing. Excess water will cause it to steam, and you don’t want that. So, make sure your salmon skin is as dry as possible.
How to store: Keep leftover garlic butter salmon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
How to reheat: Reheat on the stove over medium-low heat until warmed through or in the air fryer at 350 F for 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter salmon, stovetop salmon, garlic salmon, how to make salmon, garlic butter salmon recipe, salmon recipe