Garlic Butter Lobster Tails are juicy, tender, and flavorful. This quick and easy seafood dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes (including prep!).
- 4 lobster tails (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Using scissors, cut a slit in the lobster shells along the center to the tail, leaving the tail base uncut.
- Open up the shell slightly and run your fingers throughout the inside the shell to detach the lobster meat from the shell. Grab the meat with your fingers and lift it up through the split shell, squeezing the shell back together and letting the meat rest on top of the shell.
- Make a shallow cut along the center so that the lobster meat can easily soak up the delicious lemon garlic butter.
- Rinse the lobster tails under cold water and use a paper towel to gently pat them dry. Place the lobster tails on a quarter sheet baking pan. Optionally, add some lemon slices on the baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, minced garlic, parsley, paprika (optional), and salt. Stir well and brush generously on the lobster meat.
- Bake the lobster in the oven for 12 minutes until the lobster is firm and opaque and its internal temperature reaches 140F as read on a meat thermometer. You can also check doneness running a knife through the meat to check if the meat is firm and opaque.
- Optionally, broil on high for 2 minutes to get extra charring on the lobster.
- Serve immediately or cover the cooked lobster tails with aluminum foil to retain the heat and keep it moist until serving.
How to store: If you need to store your cooked lobster tails, keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. With the shell, they will last for two days. If you shuck the meat, it may last for three days.
How to reheat: Lobster tastes best when reheated in a preheated 350F oven. Simply place the cold lobster in an oven-safe dish along with some butter, some stock, or even water. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil before placing it in the preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes until lobster reached an internal temperature of 140F as read on a meat thermometer. You can also reheat in a microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic butter lobster tails, roasted lobster tails, baked lobster tails, lobster with garlic, garlic lobster