This Classic French Toast is light and fluffy, crisp and browned on the edges, and so delicious. The best part? Breakfast is ready in under 15 minutes.
- ⅔ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 thick slices of bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (plus more for serving)
- maple syrup (for serving)
- In a shallow mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon, and salt.
- Lightly butter a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Dunk the bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and then flip it over to soak both sides.
- Transfer the bread slices to the hot skillet (you will likely be able to fit only 2-3 at a time in a large skillet so you will have to cook in batches) or a griddle. Cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over and cook until browned on the other side, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with a pat of butter, maple syrup, and/or fresh berries.
How to store: Allow any leftover French toast to cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
How to reheat: For the best results, reheat leftover French toast in a preheated 375F oven for 10 minutes. To prevent it from drying out, you can wrap it loosely in aluminum foil. However, if it seems soggy, allowing it to dry out in the oven might be a good idea! You can also reheat French toast in the air fryer at 350F for about 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: french toast, how to make french toast, homemade french toast