Vegetarian Breakfast Quesadillas are quick and easy to make, loaded with eggs and veggies, and flavorful. Perfect for meal prep and freezer-friendly too.
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted (or vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4-5 white or brown mushrooms, diced
- 9 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded (or cheese of your choice)
- non-stick cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-heat heat. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add green peppers and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 more minutes, until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until completely mixed and slightly frothy. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook until eggs are scrambled and cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Divide the egg filling evenly amongst the tortillas in an even layer on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top, then fold the tortilla over to seal.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with non-stick spray and cook quesadillas until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all quesadillas are cooked.
- To serve immediately: Slice into wedges and serve warm.
- To store for later: Let the quesadillas cool completely. Then wrap each quesadilla tightly in aluminum foil and place in ziplock bags. You can store the quesadillas in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325°F. Remove foil and heat until warmed, approximately 20 minutes if refrigerated or 30 minutes from frozen. If refrigerated, you can also reheat by heating a non-stick pan to medium heat and grilling on each side for 2-4 minutes until warm and crispy.
This post was originally sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada in 2018. It has since been completely updated with new content and photos.
- How to store: Wrap the unsliced cooked quesadillas separately in aluminum foil and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- How to reheat: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325°F. Remove foil and heat until warmed, approximately 20 minutes if refrigerated. You can also reheat by heating a non-stick pan to medium heat and grilling on each side for 2-4 minutes until warm and crispy.
- How to freeze quesadillas: Wrap unsliced cooked quesadillas separately in aluminum foil and place in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months for an easy breakfast on another day.
- How to reheat from frozen: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 325°F. Remove foil and heat until warmed, approximately 30 minutes from frozen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegetarian breakfast quesadillas, breakfast quesadillas, vegetarian quesadillas, egg quesadillas