Flourless banana brownies are rich, fudgy, moist, delicious, and gluten-free. Make this quick and easy dessert is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large bananas, overripe (about 220-250 grams total)
- 1/2 cup tahini (or other nut butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce chocolate chips (optional, for the top)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray and line with parchment paper, allowing the paper to overhang off of the two sides for easy removal.
- Melt the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water, or you will burn the chocolate. Whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let the chocolate cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add tahini and use a hand mixer to beat together until incorporated.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and sugar, and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. This will ensure that the brownies have a classic crinkly top.
- Add in cocoa powder and melted chocolate and beat on low until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer batter into the lined baking pan and top with chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for extra fudgy brownies (a toothpick inserted should still have some crumbs on it, and the middle should slightly jiggle), or bake for 25-30 minutes for brownies that are more set with a cakey texture (toothpick inserted won't have many crumbs on it with minimal to no jiggling in the middle).
- Allow the brownies to cool in the baking pan on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled completely, lift it out of the pan and cut into squares. Or grab a spoon and enjoy it hot out of the pan with vanilla ice cream.
How to store: Store these flourless banana brownies at room temperature for up to four days in an airtight container. You can extend their shelf life to 7-10 days by storing in the refrigerator.
How to freeze: Wrap each brownie tightly in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag or airtight container, then freeze for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for an hour or two at room temperature.
How to reheat: Enjoy these gluten-free brownies at room temperature or warm. To reheat, place in a preheated 350F oven for about 10 minutes until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: flourless banana brownies, gluten-free banana brownies, flourless brownies with banana, gluten-free brownies with banana