Quick and easy, fall harvest salad with roasted butternut squash and pomegranate with homemade apple cider vinaigrette is the perfect addition to your holiday menu.
Fall Harvest Salad:
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby kale salad blend
- seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup pepitas (no shell pumpkin seeds), toasted (for homemade, see instructions above in blog post)
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Roast the Butternut Squash: Preheat oven to 400 F. Place butternut squash slices on a roasting pan. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and honey and stir to mix together. Add to butternut squash and toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes until squash is tender.
- Combine Salad: In a serving bowl, add baby kale. Arrange roasted butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, cheddar cheese, and toasted pepitas on top.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk to combine. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and serve.
How to Toast Pumpkin Seeds: In a small bowl, add 1/3 cup raw pepitas (no shell pumpkin seeds), 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir together to combine. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange pepitas in a single layer and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 F oven.
- Category: Salad