Fresh, homegrown bell peppers baked with an assortment of veggies and brown rice is what these easy vegan stuffed bell peppers are all about!! Ready in under an hour, serve this at your next fancy dinner party or make it for an easy weeknight dinner!
- 3/4 cup whole grain brown rice, uncooked
- 6 medium bell peppers, any colour (red, yellow, or green)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato purée
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- a pinch of chilli
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- In a small pan bring a salted water to a boil over medium heat and cook the rice according to the package instructions. Drain on a colander and set aside.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers ("lids") and set aside. Scoop out the inside and discard the seeds. Wash the peppers carefully and set aside.
- In a large pan heat olive oil, add onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 5-8 minutes. Add carrots and zucchini, fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add cooked rice, 1/3 cup parsley, tomato purée, and stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a pinch of chilli.
- Divide the mixture between the peppers and place the "lids” on top.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly brown on the edges.
- Sprinkle remaining parsley on top and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy vegan stuffed bell peppers, vegan stuffed peppers, vegetarian stuffed peppers, vegan stuffed bell peppers,