Make yourself a festive holiday drink in 5 minutes by combining creamy milk, chocolate, and minty candy canes for a cup of easy peppermint hot chocolate.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 large mint-flavored candy cane, crushed and divided
- whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Bring milk to a simmer over medium heat. Turn heat down to low and add chocolate and half of the crushed candy cane. Whisk until chocolate and candy cane has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour hot chocolate into two cups and top with whipped cream and the remaining crushed candy cane.
- Make homemade whipped cream: Combine 1/2 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons of icing sugar in a small bowl. With a hand mixer, whip until medium peaks form.