Easy no crust burnt Basque cheesecake is the easiest one bowl recipe. It is perfectly caramelized on the top and edges and creamy yet firm on the inside.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (450 grams total)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line an 8-inch round springform pan with 2 pieces of overlapping parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper covers the entire pan including the sides and bottom.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, and lemon juice together until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until just blended (do not overmix to avoid cracking during baking).
- Pour filling into the prepared pan. Knock the side of the pan a few times to release trapped air bubbles.
- Bake for 55 minutes until the top turns burnt brown. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for an hour, allowing it to reduce the temperature slowly. This helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking due to shrinkage.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 8 hours) to cool down and solidify. Cheesecake tastes better the next day after been refrigerated.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and parchment paper. Transfer to a serving dish and slice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (+8 hours cooling time)
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy no crust burnt basque cheesecake, basque cheesecake, no crust cheesecake, easiest cheesecake