Easy juicy roasted turkey breast is the PERFECT holiday dinner, minus the headache…tender meat, crispy skin, and a layer of roasted onions.
- 1 turkey breast, boneless and skin-on
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, stem removed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Wash and pat dry turkey with paper towels. Brush both sides of turkey breast with melted butter. Rub on salt, pepper and thyme.
- On a roasting pan, add sliced onions and olive oil. Toss to coat. Layer roasting rack on top and place turkey breast with the skin up on a roasting tray. Roast for 25 minutes, until the skin is golden brown, then lower the oven temperature to 350 F and loosely cover the turkey with aluminum foil. Continue to roast until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 F, approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Remove from oven and allow turkey to sit for 15 minutes before carving.
- Garnish with fresh thyme on top and serve with caramelized onions, a side of mashed potatoes, and a drizzle of gravy (or pan juices).