Easy, garlicky and buttery grilled shrimp boil with prawns, corn, baby potatoes and sausage, seasoned and tossed with parsley takes just 20 minutes to cook.
- 1 lb. tiger prawns (or jumbo shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons old bay seasoning, divided
- 2 medium ears of corn, husks removed and cut crosswise into 2-inch slices
- 10 baby potatoes, halved
- 2-3 sausages, sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup melted butter, divided
- 3 teaspoons parsley, freshly chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine prawns and 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn, baby potatoes, sausage, lemon and garlic. Add in the seasoned shrimp. Add 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon parsley, and remaining tablespoon of old bay seasoning. Toss together and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- You can grill these on either a grill pan or an outdoor barbecue grill.
- To cook on a grill pan: Brush grill with olive oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add items on the grill, and gently brush the remaining butter on top. Grill for 5 minutes until you see some distinct grill marks. Then, reduce heat to medium, flip the items over, and add 1 cup of water. Cover with aluminium foil, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To cook on barbecue grill: Brush grill with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Add items on the grill, and grill for a few minutes until you see some distinct grill marks. Remove items from the grill, and place into a large disposable aluminum tin, add in remaining butter, and cover with aluminum foil and seal the edges (OR divide onto four 12-inch sheets of aluminum foil. Divide the remaining butter amongst them. Fold over to create a pocket and seal the edges by rolling them up). Place aluminum pan or foil packets on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with remaining chopped parsley on top and Old Bay seasoning.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled shrimp boil, shrimp boil, old bay shrimp boil, shrimp boil on the grill, grilled shrimp, grilled seafood boil