Easy Baked Meatballs are tender, loaded with flavor, and kid-friendly. Enjoy delicious, protein-packed homemade meatballs that are juicy (no dry meatballs here!) in under an hour using simple ingredients that you know and love. They are a delicious appetizer served with Marinara Sauce, or pair it with some sides for a filling, family dinner.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a quarter sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well until evenly combined. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Take 2 spoonfuls of the beef mixture at a time and use your hands to roll into meatballs. (I recommend using disposable gloves for easy clean up). Transfer the meatballs onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until fully cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165F as read on a meat thermometer. Serve warm.
How to store: Place leftover baked meatballs in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to four days.
How to freeze: These meatballs freeze well both before and after baking. I would recommend separating the meatballs into individual serving sizes or family servings and freeze in freezer bags. This way, you can easily defrost the exact portion that you want.
- To freeze uncooked meatballs: Place the shaped meatballs on a large half sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Transfer the pan to the freezer and freeze until hard, about 1 hour. Then, transfer the meatballs into a frezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To cook, allow the meatballs to thaw overnight in the refrigerator first, then cook as per recipe instructions in the oven.
- To freeze cooked meatballs: Once cooled, store the meatballs in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to reheat.
How to reheat: Reheat meatballs in a 350F preheated oven for 10 minutes until warmed through, or air fryer for 5 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat in the microwave until warm.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Ground Beef
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy baked meatballs, oven baked meatballs, easy meatballs, meatball recipe