Creamy Tuscan chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach is a quick and easy 30 minute Italian chicken dinner that is delicious, flavorful, and comforting.
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken breasts completely dry. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles, about 1-2 minutes. Add chicken and sear until golden brown, 6-8 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add butter and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add heavy cream, chicken broth, tomato paste, and Parmesan cheese. Mix well until smooth and bring the sauce to a simmer over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until the spinach has wilted, about 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon some sauce over to coat. Let the chicken simmer in the sauce until the sauce has thickened to a desired consistency, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with pasta, rice, or potatoes.
Instant pot instructions: Pat dry chicken breasts completely with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Turn on the Sauté function on high on the Instant Pot. Heat oil for 1-2 minutes until it sizzles and sear the chicken until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Add all the cream sauce ingredients including butter, garlic, heavy cream, chicken broth, tomato paste, Parmesan cheese. Mix well until smooth. Switch to pressure cooking mode on manual High and seal the lid (the steam release knob must be turned to the sealed position). Cook for 5 minutes. Once the time is up, quick release the remaining pressure by turning the steam release valve to the venting position. Turn on sauté on high and stir in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the sauce thickens to a desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
How to store: Store any leftover creamy Tuscan chicken in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
How to reheat: Reheat leftover Tuscan chicken on the stove in a covered pan over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 10-15 minutes. Add some water to the sauce if it has thickened too much in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy tuscan chicken, creamy chicken with sun-dried tomatoes, tuscan chicken, how to make tuscan chicken, italian chicken