This Creamy Tomato Pasta is a simple and delicious meal made from scratch with a cream and tomato based sauce that is rich and silky smooth. This quick and easy recipe is ready in under 30 minutes using simple ingredients that are easy to find.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked (1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain the pasta well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until bubbly hot, about 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir and bring it to a simmer, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Cook until thickened to a desired consistency, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cooked pasta and toss well to coat evenly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
How to store: Transfer any leftover tomato pasta into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
How to reheat: Reheat in the microwave in 10 second increments until heated through or in a skillet on the stovetop for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until warm. You may need to add a splash of water if the sauce has thickened up too much in the fridge.
How to freeze: Once the pasta has cooled to room temperature, portion it into freezer bags or meal prep containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy tomato pasta, pasta with creamy tomato sauce,