Creamy shrimp pasta with sun-dried tomatoes is a delicious, quick and easy meal that takes just 20 minutes to prep and make. The perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. white shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add spaghetti noodles and cook until al dente (fully cooked but still firm) according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander and set aside. Toss in some olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil is sizzling hot. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until the shrimp becomes nicely browned on both sides. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add butter, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in flour and mix until well combined.
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Stir in spinach and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss well to coat.
- Add in cooked spaghetti and toss well to combine. Sprinkle fresh basil and extra Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with olive oil if desired.
airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.Allow the pasta to cool completely before storing. Then, transfer to an
How to reheat on the stovetop: Reheat leftover pasta on the stovetop in a shallow saucepan over low heat until warmed through, about 5 or so minutes. You may need to add additional water if the sauce gets too thick while reheating.
How to reheat on the microwave: You can also reheat creamy shrimp pasta covered in a microwave-safe container in the microwave. Heat in 20-second intervals, frequently stirring until heated all the way through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy shrimp pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, creamy sun-dried tomato pasta with shrimp, creamy seafood pasta, shrimp pasta