Creamy mushroom pasta is packed with buttery garlicky mushrooms swimming in a delicious creamy Parmesan sauce. Quick and easy make in 20 minutes.
- 1/2 lb. dry pasta, spaghetti, fettuccine, or linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 lb. brown mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half cream)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente (fully cooked but still firm), or according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside in the pot. Drizzle a little olive oil and toss together to keep the pasta from sticking together.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until the hot oil sizzles. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until nicely browned on all sides.
- Add butter, garlic and flour. Stir well for 1 minute until fragrant and well-combined
- Add heavy cream, parsley and Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Stir well and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and keep stirring until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Add cooked spaghetti into creamy mushroom sauce and toss well to combine. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and fresh parsley on top, and serve immediately.
airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days. Freezing pasta is not recommended.Allow any leftover creamy mushroom pasta to cool to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator. Store in an
How to reheat: For best results, reheat creamy mushroom pasta on the stovetop in a covered pan on low heat. Add a dash of water or chicken broth to thin out the sauce, which will naturally thicken as it heats. If the sauce becomes too thin, heat uncovered until it thickens.
Make it vegan: To make this creamy mushroom pasta recipe vegan, you only need to omit the dairy. Substitute dairy-free butter or use oil instead of butter, omit the Parmesan cheese and substitute full-fat coconut milk for heavy cream.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: creamy mushroom pasta, easy mushroom pasta, garlic mushroom pasta, creamy vegetarian pasta with mushrooms, mushroom alfredo,