Mousse-like, creamy mango cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, light cheesecake filling packed with mangos, and mango swirled on top is so easy to make.
- 2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups (675 g) cream cheese, at room temperature (three 8 oz. packages)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 + 1/4 cups mango pulp (300 ml), divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- mango pulp
- whipped cream
- mango, cubed
Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and sugar and stir together to combine. Gradually pour in melted butter, continuing to stir until well mixed.
- Use your hands to press the mixture firmly into an 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Then, allow it to cool for approximately one hour before filling with the cheesecake filling.
Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, 1 cup mango pulp, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat just until blended. Repeat until all the eggs are just blended in (Do not overmix to avoid cracking during baking).
Assemble and Bake the Cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the cooled crust and smooth out the surface with a spatula. Add a few dollops of the remaining 1/4 cup of mango pulp on top of the filling, randomly in different spots, and gently swirl with a toothpick.
- Wrap the outside of the springform pan tightly with foil (to prevent the filling from leaking) and place the pan in a large baking pan. Fill the dish with 1 inch (2 cm) of boiling water.
- Move the baking pan to the oven and bake for 1 hour in the boiling water bath (This helps prevent sudden temperature drop and cracking). After an hour, turn off the heat and let the cheesecake continue to sit in the oven for another hour, without opening the door.
- Take the pan out of the oven and run a paring knife gently around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the sides of the pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight to cool and set.
- Slice up and serve with a drizzle of mango pulp, whipped cream and some cubed mango chunks.
How to store: Creamy mango cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. I usually just store it in the springform pan and seal the top tightly with aluminum foil or cling wrap.
How to freeze: You can also store mango cheesecake in the freezer for up to three months. Tightly double-wrap the whole cheesecake or slices with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it inside an airtight container. When you are ready to serve and eat the cake, just take it out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+8 hours to set overnight)
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes (+1 hour wait time in the oven)
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy mango cheesecake, mango cheesecake, easy mango cheesecake, cheesecake with mango filling