Buttery, soft and moist, cranberry yogurt muffins are packed with tarty and sweet cranberries in every single bite. Great for breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 1 + 1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12-tin muffin pan with cupcake liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries with granulated sugar, and toss to combine until coated. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg, then add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined, and no dry flour particles are visible. Fold in the cranberry-sugar mixture.
- Use a medium to large cookie scoop and divide batter evenly into the liners, filling them all the way to the top. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack to continue cooling.
Equipment used: 12-tin muffin pan, cupcake liners, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a hand mixer or a stand mixer, a cookie scoop (or a spoon) for scooping out the batter, and a wire cooling rack.
How to store cranberry muffins: Store freshly baked cranberry muffins, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to freeze cranberry muffins: To freeze, place baked and cooled muffins into a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 momths. To eat, first let them thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Once thawed, you can also warm them up in the microwave, oven, or air fryer at 300F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through.
How to make jumbo muffins: To make 6 jumbo muffins instead, bake for 22-25 minutes until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry yogurt muffins, cranberry muffins, easy cranberry muffins, the best cranberry muffins, how to make cranberry muffins, easy muffins with fresh cranberries