Leftover cranberry sauce smoothie is the perfect drink to make with holiday leftovers. Plus, this sweet and refreshing winter smoothie in ready in minutes.
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, unsweetened preferred
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup almonds (optional)
- 1 cup spinach or kale (optional)
- 1/2 banana (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except for the banana) into a blender and blend until smooth. Give it a taste, and add in the banana if you think it needs to be sweetened, or add in a dash of honey or maple syrup instead.
- Divide into 2 glasses and serve.
How to customize: You can customize this smoothie by using different kinds of nuts or nut butters, fruit, adding in different seeds or shredded coconut, or sweetening it with maple syrup or honey, if needed.
How to store: Smoothies are best served immediately. If you have leftovers, store it an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. It may lose some of its thickness and get watery as the ice melts.
How to freeze smoothies: Another way to store this smoothie is to freeze it. Transfer the leftover smoothie to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, take it out of the freezer and allow it to defrost slightly on the counter for about 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry sauce smoothie, leftover cranberry sauce, smoothie with cranberry sauce,