Got some leftover cranberry sauce from your holiday dinner? Revive them into delicious leftover cranberry sauce oat bars, perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream 3/4 cup of butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats, flour, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Continue to mix until fully combined. The mixture will resemble crumbs.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan, and firmly press it in to create an even layer on the bottom. Layer and spread cranberry sauce on top.
- In a medium saucepan, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup oats, pecans, and cinnamon. Stir until fully combined. Sprinkle and evenly distribute the topping on top of the layer of cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned. Place on a wire rack to cool down and cut into 9 even squares.
- For the best results, make these cranberry sauce oat bars using my easy homemade cranberry sauce.
- If your cranberry sauce is already very sweet, you may want to cut down on some of the sugar in this recipe.
- Store any leftovers tightly wrapped or in an air tight container for up to 2 days at room temperature, up to a week in the fridge, or up to 3 months in the freezer.