This Coconut Curry Ramen is creamy, rich, comforting, and delicious, with a perfect blend of mouthwatering textures and flavors and ready in 25 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small shallot or onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 6 ounces dry ramen noodles (2 packs)
- 1 cup bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles, about 2 minutes.
- Add cubed tofu and sauté until golden brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, add onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the coconut milk, broth, fish sauce, and lime juice. Stir constantly and bring the soup to a simmer over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles and cook according to the package instructions until al dente, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add bok choy and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Return the cooked tofu to the pot.
- Divide noodles and soup base evenly into ramen bowls and top with shredded cabbage.
How to store: Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Be aware that the noodles may start to get mushy after the first day — you can avoid this by straining the broth from the noodles and storing them separately before combining them again for reheating.
Freezing: You can freeze leftover coconut curry ramen (without the noodles) in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. I do not recommend freezing with the noodles as they will get mushy and lose their texture. Reheat by thawing in the fridge for at least 24 hours or release the soup from the container with a warm water bath (if necessary) and then reheat straight from frozen!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: coconut curry ramen, ramen with green coconut curry, thai coconut curry ramen,