Easy and simple yet flavourful classic Roman herbed potato pizza has a crispy thin crust with layers of tender potato tossed in olive oil and herbs.
- 2-3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 125 grams pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced potatoes, olive oil, Italian seasoning, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine until potatoes are evenly coated with seasoning. Set the bowl aside.
- Transfer pizza dough onto a floured surface. Gently press the pizza dough with your fingers into an 8-inch circle. Sprinkle some flour if needed to prevent stickiness.
- Place the flattened dough onto an oven-safe skillet or baking pan. Stretch out the dough a bit more to spread it over the entire skillet.
- Arrange the potato slices on top of the pizza dough by overlapping the slices slightly until completely covered.
- Once the oven is preheated, transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the crust turns golden brown. Optionally, you can turn the oven broiler to high and bake for another 2-3 minutes or until the potato slices turn brown and blistered. But keep your eye closely on the broil, because the intense heat can make pizza crust burn quite quickly.
- Remove the skillet and transfer the pizza onto a parchment lined cutting board. Slice pizza into 4-6 pieces with a knife or pizza cutter and serve.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: classic roman herbed potato pizza, roman-style pizza, potato pizza, roman potato pizza, pizza con patate