Cilantro lime slaw is fresh, light, crunchy, and zesty. Ready in 5 minutes, it’s the perfect pairing for tacos, burgers, sandwiches, and barbecued meats.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix (or shredded cabbage) (about 200 grams)
- In a medium mixing bowl, add yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir well until smooth. You can also combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse mix a couple times until combined (do not overmix or the dressing will be too watery).
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix with the dressing and toss well to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftover slaw in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Make ahead instructions: Prep the veggies and dressing ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator in airtight containers. Toss them together just before you are ready to serve.
How to store: Keep leftover cilantro lime slaw in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. The acid in the slaw mixture will start to break down the cabbage as time goes on, eventually making it soft, soggy, and not as crunchy anymore.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cilantro lime slaw, cilantro lime coleslaw, coleslaw with cilantro lime dressing