This Christmas Salad is a fresh, fruity, and festive salad that is super easy to make. From its delicious winter flavors to its gorgeous wreath-like appearance — this side dish will definitely mark its presence on your holiday table. Made of 6 simple raw ingredients and ready in less than 10 minutes, you’ll probably be making this winter salad all season long!
- 10 ounces spring mix salad greens
- 2 persimmons, peeled and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup honey mustard salad dressing*
- In a large serving dish, place a small round bowl in the center. Arrange the salad greens around the bowl. Add persimmons and walnuts over the greens. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and feta cheese on top.
- Pour the honey mustard salad dressing into the small bowl in the center of the salad to make it look like a wreath.
*To make homemade honey mustard salad dressing: Simply combine and stir together: 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt (or more to taste), and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
Make ahead instructions: To make ahead, assemble the salad and make the dressing but store them in separate airtight containers. The salad ingredients can last up to 5 days, and the dressing up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve, serve the dressing in the middle as a wreath or pour it on and toss to combine.
How to store: You can store leftover Christmas salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, and more if the dressing is not yet drizzled over the salad. With dressing, the greens will start to wilt the longer they’re stores. I do not recommend freezing this salad because the greens will wilt and lose their texture and the fruits will become dry.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: christmas salad, winter salad, persimmon salad