Light, refreshing and crisp Chinese garlic cucumber salad is a quick and easy, simple salad tossed in an Asian dressing and packed with a ton of flavour.
- 4 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional for a spicy kick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Peel cucumbers and chop into 1-inch pieces and place into a large bowl. You can keep the skin on if you prefer.
- Add in garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil (if using), sugar, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and cilantro on top, and serve.
Similar to a Persian Shirazi salad with cucumber and tomato, you can let this Chinese cucumber salad sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to really allow the flavours to infuse into each other.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: chinese garlic cucumber salad, chinese cucumber salad, easy cucumber salad, pai huang gua