Chicken parmesan stuffed peppers are delicious, flavorful, healthy, and filling, and combines two all-time favorites. Great for meal prep and freezes well.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 + 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded or finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water (for baking)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the peppers in half vertically. Remove and discard the seeds. Place the bell peppers in a 9x13-inch casserole pan or large half sheet baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, parsley, oil, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well until evenly incorporated.
- Fill up each pepper with the chicken filling and top with 1 tablespoonful mozzarella cheese.
- Add water to the casserole dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil. This creates steam in the casserole dish when baking, which makes the stuffed peppers tender more quickly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Continue baking uncovered for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Let the stuffed peppers rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How to store: Keep leftover chicken parmesan stuffed bell peppers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to freeze: Stuffed peppers freeze and reheat well. Store the cooked stuffed bell peppers (or just the cooked chicken filling) in an airtight container with the cut side up for up to 3 months.
How to reheat: Reheat cold stuffed peppers in the oven. Place them in an oven-safe casserole dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Reheat in a 350F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat in air fryer for 10 minutes at 350F or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken parmesan stuffed peppers, chicken parm stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers with chicken parmesan filling, chicken stuffed bell peppers