Easy to make chicken and shrimp dumpings can be steamed, boiled or fried and served with a side of soy sauce for dipping!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
- 1 bunch of Chinese chives (or garlic chives), loosely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 3 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 80-90 round dumpling wrappers
- Combine chicken, shrimp, chives, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil in a food processor.
- Process on low for about 30 seconds until mixture is chopped finely.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture into the centre of a dumpling wrapper.
- Dip your finger in water and smear along the edges of the dumpling wrapper.
- Bring the edges up, enclosing the filling and pleat the side together into a little bag to seal the mixture inside.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Pan-Fry: In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add dumplings and cook 2-3 minutes until bottom is crisp and golden. Add water (enough to cover the dumplings halfway up), cover, and steam the dumplings for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Steam: In a pot, bring water to boil . Place dumplings in steamer on top and steam for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Boil: Fill a large pot with 2/3 water and bring to a boil. Add dumplings and cook until they float and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dumplings or store in the freezer.
You can also fold the dumplings into a half-moon shape and pinch the edges with a fork to seal.
If not serving dumplings immediately, store in the freezer. Place dumplings on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and freeze for one hour. Then transfer dumplings into ziploc bags or container for storing. Use as desired.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dim Sum
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: chicken and shrimp dumplings, chicken and shrimp potstickers, chicken potstickers, chinese dumplings, potstickers, dim sum