Chewy chocolate chip peanut butter granola bars are healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. Prep them in just 10 minutes to snack on for weeks.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, pepitas, pumpkin spice, and salt, and mix together. Pour liquid mixture on top and stir to combine until fully incorporated and the oats are all coated with the liquid mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, and then stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. (If you are like me and cannot wait, you can stir in the chocolate chips right away, but be prepared for them to melt. The granola bars will taste the same.)
- Transfer mixture to a parchment-lined 8-inch square casserole dish or baking tray and firmly press mixture into the pan using a spatula or the back of a glass. Make sure it is packed very tightly and evenly. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The granola bars are done once the edges have browned and pulled away from the sides.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove parchment paper from pan and transfer to refrigerator. Cool for 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and slice into 12 rectangular bars.
How to store: You can store homemade granola bars in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If it is a hot day, I’d recommend storing in the refrigerator since the chocolate chips may start to melt at room temperature. The granola bars stored in the refrigerator will be just slightly harder, but still chewy.
How to freeze granola bars: To freeze, slice into bars and place on a parchment-lined baking tray and freeze for an hour. Then, transfer the bars into a freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature when ready to eat.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter pumpkin spice granola bars, how to make granola bars, peanut butter granola bars, pumpkin spice granola bars, pumpkin pie granola bars