Chai Tea Latte is easy to make at home with aromatic spices, warm foamy milk, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. It is just as delicious as the one at from your favorite coffee shop — if not better!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chai teabag
- 1 teaspoon sweetener, sugar, maple syrup or honey (optional, to taste)
- 3/4 cup milk, dairy or non-dairy
- cinnamon (optional, for topping)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bag. Steep for 5 minutes. Then, remove and discard the teabag.
- Pour the tea concentrate into a mug.
- Heat the milk in a pot on the stove until warm and steaming, about 3-5 minutes. Then, use a milk frother, French press, or whisk to froth the milk until foamy.
- Add the frothed milk into the center of the mug of steeped tea. You can get creative and play around with patterns on top (try a leaf!). Serve immediately with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, if desired.
Make ahead: You can make the chai tea ahead of time by following step 1 (no milk) and then storing in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to make the latte. You can also freeze chai tea in an ice cube tray. When ready to make the latte, simply thaw the ice cubes and prepare the frothed milk to pour on top.
Storing: Serve this chai tea latte fresh as the ingredients may separate when refrigerated and the frothed milk may change in texture. Freezing chai tea lattes will also result in separation so it is not recommended.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chai tea latte, homemade chai tea latte, how to make a chai tea latte