Carrot Cake Pancakes combine two of the best foods in the world: carrot cake and homemade pancakes. These fluffy, soft, and moist pancakes are loaded with classic ingredients and warm spices. Plus, they are ready in just 15 minutes (from prep to table!).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk, egg, butter. and vanilla. For fluffier pancakes, add just ¾ cup of milk. If the batter is too thick at the end, then mix in the remaining ¼ cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined (the batter will be slightly lumpy). Do not over mix.
- Fold in the grated carrots.
- Spray a large frying pan or griddle with cooking spray, or dampen a paper towel with vegetable oil and rub on top of the pan. Heat the pan over medium-low heat and add pancake batter using a ¼ measuring cup. Pour as many that will fit in your pan or griddle (I fit 3 in my 10-inch skillet).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until small bubbles begin to form on the surface, the edges have set, and the bottom of the pancake turns golden brown. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is also golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and set aside on a plate. Repeat in a few batches until until all the batter is used up.
- Stack the pancakes and top with whipped cream, walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
How to store: Once your carrot cake pancakes have cooled to room temperature, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to reheat: You can reheat carrot cake pancakes in the microwave, oven, or air fryer. To microwave, heat on a medium-high heat setting in 20-30 second intervals until warmed through. To reheat in the oven or air fryer, wrap pancakes in aluminum foil. Then, heat in a 375F oven for about 10 minutes or until warm, or in a 375F air fryer for 5 minutes.
How to freeze: Freeze carrot cake pancakes by transferring them to a freezer bag or airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper, and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake pancakes, carrot pancakes, homemade pancakes