Bright and colorful caprese pasta salad is the ultimate summer side dish. It's fresh, light, and loaded with vibrant summer flavors. Quick and easy too!
- 1 cup dry pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (1 pint), halved
- 1 cup mozzarella balls (bocconcini), halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic reduction (optional)
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Transfer the drained pasta to a large mixing bowl or serving dish. Add tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried oregano (or Italian seasoning), salt, and pepper on top of the salad and toss to combine. Top with a drizzle of balsamic reduction (optional).
. You can serve this salad at room temperature or chilled. If chilling, assemble the salad and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. This will bring out the flavors even more.
How to store: Caprese pasta salad is best eaten fresh since the balsamic vinegar will start to soften the pasta and basil. If there are leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese pasta salad, caprese salad with pasta, easy pasta salad, pasta salad with mozzarella balls,